Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 11: Hot/Cold


Hot (left: Sarah)

All I can think about is one of my mom's most infamous lines ... "I'm not evil, I'm HOT!". Any woman who has ever had a hot flash just might be able to relate to that. Anyone who lives, or ever has lived in Korea in the summer just might be able to relate to that as well. It's hot here, damn hot. Sweaty, sticky cracks and crevices hot... uggghh, I shudder to think about the season that is just around the corner rearing it's ugly, steamy head.

I don't do well with super hot temperatures, but one way I can handle the heat is by way of delicious, spicy food... and this country also has that in abundance. These hot red peppers find their way into many dishes and sauces. YUMMMMMMY!

Cold (right: Mary)

Heat envelopes me; a tight grip. It takes the air from my lungs and forces me to attempt deeper, longer breathes. I can only bear it in short bursts. Everything sticks. An icky film forms and a drip of sweat slowly makes it's way down my forehead before falling to the floor.

These are the (all too frequent) moments where I find myself manically searching for relief. To remind my body that it's not aloud to spontaneously combust. Relief may come in a glass or a cone, a pool, river, ocean or pond, and if we're really lucky, it can be found in a hotel room coming from within a sweet little box, pumping out cool refreshing air.

The glorious cold, how I love it in all it's forms these days. I love how it feels against my skin or as it makes it's way all the way down into the depths of my belly. Absolutely brillant on a day, just like this one.

(Currently in Ho Chi Minh City AKA Saigon, Southern Vietnam. Temperature around 38 degrees)

7 comments:

Charlene May 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

Just popped in to say Hello. Love the hot/cold photos. As for being hot & sweaty hate it I just may need that cool one there ^^ Mary.
Temp here in Lindsay to 31C next week!!

luna pie May 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

I'm with Charlene, I could use a cold one of those! :)
It's very humid curly hair weather here, and that makes me sad...

I like that your 'cold' photo has a warm, inviting quality about it, and my 'hot' pic looks kinda cold.

Mary May 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

I hate the extremes. Give me warm or cool any day and I'd be happy.

We're beyond the curly hair weather. We're at an instant slick to quickly soaked hair kind of weather here. It makes me ...sad, no...extremely irritable and perhaps even bitchy, maybe. ;)

But, we're managing. We're laughing through the sweat.

Meaggie Mae May 23, 2010 at 3:29 AM  

Hey girls, how about hot AND cold at the same time! That's just the worst feeling for me I think. Thankfully, that is an extremely rare feeling.

I totally agree Mary, warm or cool is superb...hot and cold not so much.

This weekend I went to Seoraksan for hiking. We started at 9am and before we even began to ascend we were coated with a thin film of sweat from the humidity...sick. When we arrived at the top my eyes were stinging from the salty sweat dripping into them.

Couldn't handle 38 degrees just yet...not so envious of your temp Mary!

Sare, come by anytime for a cold glass of wine!

turtlestack May 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Icy and spicy. That's the way I like it.

Joanne May 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Love these photos! The glossy chillies, and the lovely tones of the wine! A great pair!

Mary May 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

We love reading them.

Happy Friday!

About the Project

As a way to stay connected through our travels and beyond, A Perspective Project was initiated by the desire to master our cameras, and to be creative and more observant of the world around us.


Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP