Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 22: Treasure/Trash

Treasure (left: Mary)



Lucy is my mom’s creation, a gift for her first daughter.



I think my mom had her ready for me as soon as I was born, or shortly thereafter, and she’s been with me ever since.



She’s been on the receiving end of a lot of cuddles, hugs, and tears throughout the years and today she still rests on my bed waiting for me whenever I come home.



The gifts my mom has given to me, both tangible and not, are some of the most treasured things in my life.



Trash (right: Sarah)



What deems something ‘trash’? That old saying ‘one man’s trash is another man’s treasure’ certainly rings true to me. When I was walking by these phone booths the other night, I wondered how many people actually use them anymore, what with cell phones, wireless internet, email etc…



When something is useless or approaching obsolete, does it then become trash? And then how long until it is considered a vintage find, is upcycled, or broken down for parts and turned into something else?



Of course there are undeniable stinking piles of garbage, but have you ever rescued something from certain landfilth? Have you ever turned trash into treasure?



5 comments:

Charlene November 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

YEAH good to see you posting again. Perhaps weekly??

Sarah you really must show me where you found these. A phone booth what a rare find in todays world & just look @ all you managed to spot!!
As for "trash" I seem to aquire some & turn it into garden treasures.

Mary your Lucy is in good shape for a much loved old gal.I still have Betsy the last doll Mom & Dad gave me on my 9th Birthday; (unfortunately my first two dolls are long gone one stolen the other broken). If she could talk I'm sure there are ever so many tales of loves lost, tears shed, joy, etc both your Lucy or my Betsy would go on & on for years

Anonymous November 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

So glad you ladies are back! =)

~Lee-Anne

Bexzter November 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

I still have many 'old' 'childhood' items that are my treasures - like my blankies and baby dolls that have been with me through literally everything.

As for trash that is a treasure, I don't think I've had the great luck to find anything of that sort yet. Unless you call going to yard sales and buying old clothing for yourself turning trash into a treasure... :)

Jen January 18, 2011 at 6:33 AM  

these shots are so special and awesome! I still have dolls from when I was a kid. And I have found lots of stuff in the trash.

Holly Daise March 19, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Great piccys! Frequently use what some would term 'trash' in my jewellery manufacture. Forms a large part of the creative process. Your piccy of the phone booths is gorgeous.

About the Project

As a way to stay connected through our travels and beyond, A Perspective Project was initiated by the desire to master our cameras, and to be creative and more observant of the world around us.


Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP