Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week 18: Organic/Inorganic

Organic (left: Sarah)




I was a dancer once, and it was one of the best dreams I have ever had. I remember waking up and being so bitterly disappointed that I couldn't actually move my body like that, feel music like that, leap or spin just like that. I felt weightless and sure of every single movement without the anticipation of the next move.



It's amazing, there are so many types of dance. It lives and evolves through people and culture and time.



For me, dance is organic ~ a living, breathing art form.



Inorganic (right: Mary)



Udaipur is said to be Rajasthan’s most romantic city. And, while I loved the surrounding mountains, the dried up lake where grass grew and cattle grazed, and the people, I was completely blown away by the beauty of the architecture. The way the city sparkled at night and shimmered during the day. I spent hours gazing out into the city, full of palaces, temples, and gorgeous old architecture.



What inorganic things do you love?

3 comments:

Mary July 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Sarah,

I could not agree more. Dance is amazing. I'm assuming that you've been watching SYTYCD? We'll have to watch some of your favourore dances from this season in a couple of weeks.

Where was this pic taken?

Anonymous July 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

Just popped in to say hi.

Charlene

turtlestack July 12, 2010 at 2:41 AM  

Sarah, your picture reminds me of a hummingbird.

I was thinking about your blog when I walked this morning and I was trying to identify what was truly inorganic. The house was once a tree, the car breaks down into elements, I suppose. Esthetically, I love the trees and morning stars. Practically, I appreciate my four walls and air conditioning.

About the Project

As a way to stay connected through our travels and beyond, A Perspective Project was initiated by the desire to master our cameras, and to be creative and more observant of the world around us.


Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP