Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 17: Fire/Water


Fire (left: Sarah)



C'mon baby, light my fire...



Two things come to mind when I think fire.



One is passion, and the other is sitting around a campfire.



I would consider myself a pretty passionate person in every sense of the word. I care about things, people, ideas, and I have opinions, strong ones - oh yes, I do. I want to achieve things... achieve life, with a PASSION.



And then there is this, lounging around a campfire on a cool summer's eve. That has to be one of the most relaxing things for me, especially when I am surrounded by good friends, laughter and conversation.



I will be home to Canada in 3 weeks today, and I am sooo looking forward to getting together with my family and friends and enjoying each other's company around a smoky fire pit. HOME, HERE I COME, and that, I feel pretty fiery about! YIPEE!




Water (right: Mary)



Bring on the rain!



I took this picture a month ago in Vietnam and I was inspired to use it this week because everywhere we go in India is dried up, hot and the people and the land are desperate for the rain.



‘We are waiting’, they say, as they gesture to the skies and as the sweat drips from their faces. I, too, am waiting.



Water is everything. Without it, we along with the rest of life on the planet would vanish. It’s precious, just like our hands and feet, but far more fundamental.



5 comments:

Celeste July 2, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

Sarah! Can't wait to see you. :) I love how relaxing a campfire or candle can be, and at the same time marvel at the destructive power that could potentially be unleashed if we are careless. I have many awesome memories of times spent poking around fires... there is something magnetic about them.

Mary... I agree, Water really is everything. Two nights ago when we were bathing RW, we were talking about how blessed we are to have such an abundance of clean water accessible from a tap.

Charlene July 2, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Yeah home!! Hope I get to share your campfire I so want a roasted marshmallow or 12.

Rain..............water............freshness


Love & hugs to all,
CB

Regan July 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Lovely photos! I love rain!

turtlestack July 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

I'm still haunted by a thirty five year old memory of a land without water. There's no life, no hope without it. Most don't know how blessed they are to have clean water. I'm going to go now and drink a cup with complete gratitude.

Soon, we'll all circle the fire and raise a glass. I can't wait

Meaggie Mae July 5, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

Sare, you light my fire! In a non-sexual way of course!
Your Passion for living is infectious and glorious. I wish I was going home at the same time to share a campfire with you, but alas it can't be...but summer 2011 I'm planning a campfire reunion with your, Ben, and Mary's names on it!!!

Mary, as always your pictures tell a story. You're absolutely right, water is so imperative to survival, of everything...humans, plants, animals, and ultimately the planet...it's too bad that countries that don't suffer from drought abuse the availability of water, and it's devastating that people die everyday from the lack of water. Such a curious thing...water...seemingly simply, yet so complex in reality.

love you! and Happy birthday!

About the Project

As a way to stay connected through our travels and beyond, A Perspective Project was initiated by the desire to master our cameras, and to be creative and more observant of the world around us.


Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP