Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 3: Saturated/Unsaturated


Saturated (left: Sarah)

When I think of saturated I think of the maximum, the full capacity, the most vibrant hue or the most intense feeling:

Dear Jinu,

I clearly remember the day when your eyes met mine, caught in a moment of recognition - you knew that I was your mother, your 'everything' at that point.
I remember feeling a moment of overwhelming tenderness then too, knowing that you were my son, and MY everything from that point forward.
I can recall when you first rolled over from tummy to back - you stared up at the ceiling with wide-eyed disbelief - a stunned starfish basking in the claps! and hoorahs! and general delight of your audience.
I remember your belly crawl, and your Casanova stance.
I remember your first steps, wobbly and unsure, to your 'I've had one too many bottles' swagger.
I remember the first time you got to run around the park. You were covered in dried grass and leaves and squealed with glee at the balls flying past and the puppies that stopped to sniff your hands.
I remember the feeling of horror the first time I saw a goose egg rise up from your beautiful face, and the many subsequent bumps and bruises.
Now, here you are - from teeny helpless baby to my rough and tumble toddler in just a mere 15 months.

Time is relentless, and these moments, unless you manage to capture them - go, go and are gone...
Thankfully some things are not at all brief and fleeting, and as the big hand points to 12 and the little hand to 1, on Thursday March the 25th, I couldn't be any heavier, and fuller, any more saturated with love.

xo Mommy

Unsaturated (right: Mary)

Tomorrow, Saturday, March 27th at 8:30 p.m local time, the annual Earth Hour event will take place all over the world. Taking the colour out of your walls by turning off your lights is such a simple act to stand up against climate change and promote a sustainable future.

Watching some of the world's most famous landmarks like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the CN Tower shut off their lights is quite profound and it sends such a powerful message: we care!

Let your voice be heard tomorrow.

Desaturate your homes and turn off your lights.

8 comments:

Mary March 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Sare,

Firstly, I just love seeing pics of this little guy. I miss everything little thing about him.

You, Jinu and the entire Tucker clan, for that matter, have fully saturated me with love, inspiration and acceptance. For that, I am so grateful.

Thinking about all of those wonderful memories of Jinu's firsts fills me with so much happiness. What a creature.

Enjoy these moments, Sare.

Love you.

Meaggie Mae March 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Sare,
you made me cry. This morning i woke up feeling extremely lonely. Partly because two of my best friends have departed from my life, partly because I'm just plain lonely. Your message about "saturated" definitely makes me envious of the unconditional love you currently experience and will forever experience from Jinu. I'm so grateful to have witnessed many of his firsts, and I enjoy his presence so much in my life.

Mary,
I will have myown earth hour because im celebrating ashley's bday tomorrow night, and I'm not sure they'll observe Earth Hour...but you better believe I WILL...Sarah an I will have a Jjigae/earth hour night next week to honour it. Hopefully the world will be quite unsaturated with lights. It certainly is a beautiful thing to see landmarks unlit. I will certainly miss you guys for our Earth hour/Jjigae night and drinks by candlelight. But we'll make you proud nonetheless.

Ps. despite the fact that I was with some friends tonight, it was pretty lonely being at the Bossam joint without you guys and especially without Ben's intense questions to last us for 4 pots of Makgeoli.

love you guys
miss you even more
Meagan
xoxo

lamartin March 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

I eagerly check in to this relatively new project and excitedly absorb the new focus and journey.

You both are truly original and authentic. Thank you both for letting us learn, pause and reflect along with you. You are taking me places I may not have even ventured...in my life and my mind.

I will be celebrating Earth hour with our friends on our street...we like to frame it in a celebration of what a great place we live in. We will be unsaturated as Derek likes to take us off the grid!

That feeling of saturated never really goes away. It varies in how you feel once your offspring start to separate but my heart is always saturated when it comes to my boys...I have even had it almost burst (over saturate) with pride!!

What a wonderful world...

Lori

Charlene March 26, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

Saturating the house with candle light as we celebrate earth hour. Love the pic of Jinu!!

benldt March 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Black ink, and white paper--as in an article, a breaking story, an historic account, a biography, a novel, a poem, a discovery et cetera--and the relationship built between them and their readers, are what these two words bring to mind.

The absolute, colourless contrast between the paper and the medium, and the vibrance that can be brought to its content by virtue of our minds, couldn't be more acute in describing what these words mean to me.

Great pics, gals! Thanks :)

Blaze March 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

wonderful stuff!! xo

turtlestack March 30, 2010 at 3:06 AM  

Somehow I posted my comment for this on Sarah's blog. Oh well, it's worth going there to read it since the pictures of Jinu are so delightfully adorable.

But once again I say the amazing people you are, saturate my life with colour. The distances from you oft times fades the world to gray.

Dogman March 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

Well, I like to think that unsaturated and desaturated are different. If something has colour it can't be (in the state of being) unsaturated until it has first been desaturated. Which of course is why Mary said to "desaturate your homes" in order to spend an unsaturated hour consuming less energy. Heather and I spent our unsaturated time at the farm (but the yard light could not be turned off as it is a rental with no controls).

Wonderful recollections, Sarah. There's nothing to compare, is there? (Can you imagine that that's how your parents feel about you?!!)

About the Project

As a way to stay connected through our travels and beyond, A Perspective Project was initiated by the desire to master our cameras, and to be creative and more observant of the world around us.


Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP